A couple of posts ago I had mentioned that I was working on a baby blanket. I wanted to see if I could make a blanket for a little person, in order to then attempt a large blanket. Ironically, the baby blanket is still on the needles, 80% completed but I think I will end up frogging the project and using the yarn for something else. I did however start a big blanket, and it turned out amazing. It is really heavy, and really warm, just how I like it. As I used smaller needles than the pattern called for, I thought that I should cast on 264 stitches instead of the 170 or so that the pattern called for. The pattern also wanted separate panels to be sewn together at the end – I made my blanket on circular needles (which made it really heavy in the end). Needless to say, the blanket turned out way bigger than I had anticipated – now covering a single person bed with easy – but that is not a bad thing! I love my blanket 🙂
I have also recently realized how much yarn and bits and pieces I have collected in my small dormroom. It makes me happy – but I have now also told myself that I CANNOT buy any more yarn until some of this has been turned into cozy projects.